Saturday, April 5, 2014

Custom Orders at Little Knitty Bird!

I get the question sometimes "Do you do any custom orders" or "Could I get these as earrings?" and the answer is absolutely YES! Whether is changing a set of stitch markers to a different style, turning them into a piece of jewelry, gifts for your favorite LYS buddies, or anything else that strikes your fancy I'd love to work with you! So here is the run down on how a custom order works over here at Little Knitty Bird!


1. Message Me!

In addition to the shop Little Knitty Bird is also on Twitter, Facebook, and *coming soon* Instagram! With so many platforms, messages can get scattered, so for a custom order please send me a message via either Etsy or Facebook and I will get back to you soon, usually within a couple hours! Let me know what it is that you're looking for and if you have a set budget in mind, i.e. you would like to do a order for your knitting club and you have $X to spend on everyone! We'll talk about design, style, and price and once we have it figured out we go to step 2...


2. Demo

While for some smaller orders this may not be necessary (ie, I want these stitch markers as removable stitch markers instead of snagless knitting ones, etc), for most orders I'll whip up a demo or two so that you can get an idea of what the finished product will look like. When you're happy with the design we move on to step 3...

3. Custom Listing and Creation!

Now that we have all the details worked out I'll set up a custom listing for you on the shop detailing everything we've agreed on. Once you purchase the listing work will begin and I will get your exciting new order to you made and shipped as soon as I can! I will keep you updated throughout the process so that you know your order didn't drift off to outer Mongolia in the shop's workflow. Also, as always, I ship Priority Mail so as soon as your order ships you'll receive a shipping notice and a tracking number through Etsy. 

I've been incredibly excited to work on the couple of custom orders I've had so far and look forward to designing the perfect set of stitch markers for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment