Sunday, April 13, 2014

Finished Objects!

Winter is trying to make a return for the day here in Colorado, so looks like a good day to see what just came off the needles and to curl up with some tea and new yarn!

I actually finished the below projects a couple weeks ago, but I wanted to wait to post them until they had reached their intended recipient, didn't want to spoil the surprise!


First up, the Monsoon Shawl! I was really happy with how it came out, I usually just do small shawls so it was my first really large one. The pattern goes along at a pretty good clip and while I wasn't sure how the lace was doing, after blocking it all made sense! The edging, however, did take FOREVER, but totally worth it! I would call it the fancy prayer shawl, not as thick and cozy as those usually are, but made so the friend it's for could use it for a very special event if she desired.


Next up, Root & Bud! I loved this one so much I'm now hunting around my yarn to make one for myself! This knitted up pretty quickly and even though the two patterns weren't supposed to go together I think they work pretty well!

What did you just get off the needles?

No comments:

Post a Comment