Saturday, February 14, 2015

New Nest, New Start

Happy Valentine's Day Fiber People! Over at Little Knitty Bird we hope that if you don't have to chance to spend some time with loved ones, you at least can curl up with your favorite yarn, pattern, and a pet!

The Birds have been busily trying to get a new nest together and the new office/studio space is finally all sorted. While it's certainly smaller than my space was in Colorado, it comes with being right next to a fireplace and quicker access to the tea kettle. So here's the new shop tour!

The developing tank front and center is a bit of an heirloom now, both my father and I used it extensively during our respective days in the darkroom. The lens cases-turned-need holders are also passed down and vintage 

I might have a thing about baskets. Seriously, need all the pretty baskets. 

Zelda the Shop Cat is still trying to figure out what she thinks of all of this, but she seems to approve. 

Also new in the shop, a new batch of stock, listed and ready to go!


The magic behind doing listing photos, we're super hi-tech over here!

And now for another edition of What's on the Needles! 

I have a few projects going on here, including a pair of Straightforward Mitts started last night because when hands get too cold to knit or type you need to do something about it! I've been actually wanting to make a pair of these for some time. I love fingerless gloves, but when using anything above fingering weight I find that they are too bulky for knitting or inside tasks for me and even if my hands are cold I have to take them off quickly. So I have been meaning to make a pair of slim fitting gloves that could be worn all day and under another pair of larger gloves if necessary that don't have that bulk! I'm almost done with the first mitt and from trying it on, so far so good!

Also up is the adorable To Grandma's House by Melissa Schaschwary. This started out as a Christmas present, then... turned into a birthday present, and now it's just a whenever I can get it done present for Littlest Owl. This cape is reversible so depending on her mood she can be Little Red- or the Wolf!


Next is Entangled Vines, another pattern from Botanical Knits. I have both Knits and Botanical Knits 2 and I can't say enough how much I love these patterns and I have a goal to knit every single one! This will be my second project from the books and second sweater for myself and it'll be done- eventually. 



Stay warm fiber people and keep knitting awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment